Arbon Elementary Fun Run
Come see our beautiful new playground that happened because of the people who came out and supported our fundraisers. It is also alot of fun to come out and walk/run in this beautiful valley.
Posted by Cheri Evans in Arbon School Friday, 5 September 2014 14:40
Arbon Valley Elementary Strategic Plan
(Student Achievement and Classroom Instructional Goals)
Mission Statement: It is the mission of Arbon Elementary School District #381 to continue to educate all students to his or her highest potential and prepare and equip them with the necessary skills to excel at the next levels of education: junior high, senior high, and college.
Vision Statement: Two main areas of focus will allow Arbon Elementary to achieve its goals: student achievement and classroom instruction.
Strategic Plan: Develop and implement teaching strategies that align to common core standards and do so via the use of the most effective teaching strategies and technology available.
Data Analysis Required:
- Each and every student will be evaluated due to the relatively small size of School District #381 and lack of diversity among the students.
- Student Achievement and growth
- Academic will be based on Renaissance Star math and reading data
- Technology will be based on pre and post assessments
- Graduation rates
- Target of 100%
- College and career readiness
- Focus is on middle school/junior high readiness
- Capable of efficiently utilizing digital media such as laptops, tablets, keyboarding, to access reliable information via the WEB
- Focus is on middle school/junior high readiness
Clear and Measurable Targets Based On Student Outcomes:
- 95% of students will perform at or above grade level based on Renaissance Star math and reading data
- 100% of all students will graduate at or above grade level so they are ready for middle school
- 100% of all students will be technologically ready for middle school
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Grade equivalent performance, based on charts developed from the clear and measurable targets defined above which will be evaluated annually by the School Board
- Internet readiness pre and post scores
Posted by Cheri Evans in School Board Notices Friday, 5 September 2014 14:38
ARBON SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
September 9, 2014
I. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
II. CONSENT AGENDA
- FUN RUN
IV. NEW BUSINESS
- BUILDING MAINTENANCE/KADE LUSK
- REAP FUNDS
V. OLD BUSINESS
- BASKETBALL BOARDS
- BUILDING/RAIN GUTTERS
Posted by Jacob Andersen in Event Tuesday, 26 August 2014 16:01
Idaho Power will be turning off power to Arbon Valley on Friday, Aug 29 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. This planned outage is to allow for Idaho Power to perform scheduled maintenance and repair.
Please take caution to prepare sensitive electronics for this outage by unplugging them if necessary.
Posted by Steve Lusk in Event Sunday, 24 August 2014 19:16
The service activity for sealing the cracks in the Elementary School concrete has been postponed due to weather. More information wiil be given once it has been rescheduled.
The Arbon School Board met for its annual meeting on July 8, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. members Jason Williams and Jake Evans were present as were Debbie Curry, Robin Claunch and clerk, Cheri Evans.
The motion was moved by Jake and seconded by Jason to approve the agenda. The motion was moved by Jason and seconded by Jake to approve the minutes. The bills were reviewed. The motion was moved by Jake and seconded by Jason to approve them. The total M & O expenses for the month of July was $16,559.05 and $3,594.00 for bus depreciation. The school received $1,757.53 from the State Department, $1,558.51 from REAP funds, $16,757.23 from property taxes and $9.21 from interest on investments. The school M & O balance is $91,262.22. The Plant Facility received $3,594.00 for bus depreciation and $2.63 from interest the Plant Facility balance is $46,600.89. The motion was moved by Jason and seconded by Jake to approve the financial statement.
Teacher contracts were tabled. The board decided not to pursue offering upper grades through Jason Bransford/ IDELA, an online school.
The motion was moved and seconded to declare Jake Chairman, Melinda Vice Chairman, Cheri clerk for another year, the meetings to be held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Arbon School and the posting places to be the Post Office, Arbon School and the Arbon web site by acclamation.
Three applicants for the custodian position were gone over. No decision was made as there were only two board members present. The board will confer by email and make a decision soon as time is running short for the pre-school cleaning to be completed.
The agreement with Deaton and Company to do the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 audit was reviewed and signed. The Strategic Plan was worked on and getting close to completion.
The next meeting will be held on August 12, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. The motion was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. The meeting adjourned at 9:25 p.m.